How To Create Your Home Page
To create your own home page:
- Create a directory named www in your home root
directory (.i.e ~/www). This directory will contain
all your hypertext documents in
- Make sure the directory is executable and readable by the group and
- Your home directory must be at least executable by the group
and others (i.e.
- In this ~/www directory, you must have a file called
index.html. Start with this file. Look at my home page ~daili/www
for the ideas.
- Make sure this file (and all others you reference) is readable by the
group and others (i.e.
- The URL
for your home page will be simply
http://csbnmr.health.ufl.edu/~user. For example,
for the user daili, the proper url link is
- Use X11 Bitmaps (
.xbm) instead of GIFs for
the inline images when possible.